Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Toasting a Bun in the Oven

Actually in this picture I had burned the bun in the oven the previous day (wearing 50 no less! My pale NoVa skin clearly was not ready for the Caribbean winter!) so I am plopped beneath a palapa in Cozumel - still better than 45 and cloudy at home! Our little babymoon was fabulous - being somewhere warm and tropical with no responsibilities, all the food you could ever want (an somewhat of an excuse to eat it!) and hanging out with your favorite person for a week - can't beat it! Baby loved the cruise too, it a two piece I just laid by the pool/beach every day and watched my belly bounce around as he/she kicked my ribs and other vital organs contentedly. I would totally recommend Royal Caribbean to anyone thinking of going on a cruise. I would definitely book with them again. Tips for first time cruisers (things we wish we'd known): #1 - Make sure you have a clock and a watch: there were no clocks anywhere near our room, no channel on the TV with the time, the time changed every night and sometimes the boat time was different than the time on land. All we had were our cell phones which were right according to the actual time but didn't always match the boat time. We were an hour late to dinner on the last night! #2 - On days at sea forgo sleeping in (though the beds were VERY comfortable and with no window in the room and no clock I'm pretty sure I could have slept for days!), get a deck chair ASAP (we're talking by 8:00-8:30 am) and just finish your night's sleep there: We got out to the pool at 10:00 ish on our first day at sea and ended up having to sit by the indoor pool for most of the day because every chair was occupied practically by sunrise. That probably ended up being a good thing because we didn't fry the first day but still kind of frustrating. #3 - Room service is FREE: Live it up. I'm pretty sure we ordered it every day just because we could. #4 - There is pretty much always ice cream available somewhere on the ship, you just have to know where to look: I ate soft serve and coco crispies pretty much every chance I had - totally took me back to O-Hill, if only they'd had golden grahams!





1 comment:

Sportney said...

Nikki, you win the award for being the most avid blogger on here. Of course you also actually have material to blog about. I love the babymoon idea. I'm thinking about getting pregnant just so I can go one.;)