Monday, January 22, 2007

Day Off

I won't make this long, because Leah's post is obviously more interesting and exciting than mine. Although it is pretty exciting to take a personal day! I don't have any witty topics about which to write. One might wonder, though, what Martha does on her day off...It is pretty exciting: drop my husband off at school, get coffee, go to Michael's, make birthday cards, take the dog to get groomed, shop at Target, pick up the dog, and I will leave in a few minutes to pick up my husband, go for a run, go to the market and then make Lasagne for dinner. My life is pretty thrilling these days! All kidding aside, I am so appreciative to have a day off as I have been working my buns off lately at work and at play. Work has been consuming lately and we are training for a marathon in March. I will close with pictures of Mattie (our dog), now groomed, and the view from our place toward the Blue Ridge mountains that you can't see today, but what you can see is ice and snow as it melts. Love to you all!

2 comments:

nikki said...

Hurray for days off! Especially when you don't have anything particularly important to do, those are the best!

Sportney said...

I'm doing similar activities on my day off. I now have a much greater appreciation for my mom and all of those housewives out there who do all their own cleaning. My house is an all day project!! At least I can take solace in the fact that this is considered being active (so I've been told).