Thursday, January 11, 2007

Random and Assorted Happenings



Okay, so it has been so ridiculously long since I last posted I couldn't remember how to do it when I sat down, so I had to call a friend for a tutorial. Little embarrassing. But not quite as embarrassing as this morning, when I was at the endodontist's office, and, after being told that my husband could not come back to the room with me for the root canal, I promptly broke down in tears. Yes, seriously. For those of you who know me well, I do not do this sort of thing. Just a few months back one of my best friends sent around one of those little email surveys for friends to do with each other to just reveal things about yourself that you think your friends know but they probably don't, like what your favorite movie is or your best childhood memory or whatever. I am sure you have all seen them. Anyway, one of the questions was when was the last time you cried, and all of my friends' answers (it was sent to 5 of us or so) were like "Last week" or "Last weekend" or "Yesterday." I was like, "Umm, last year? I think." Anyway, needless to say I was feeling so silly just sitting there crying when nothing had even happened yet, and it isn't as if JD had been in there he could have changed one little thing. But I was clearly so anxious about the whole deal that the one wrench thrown in was enough to make me break down.
But the dentist was awesome! He told me he has people come in all the time and sit down in the chair and just lose it. And then just for good measure he added "And it isn't just petite women-it is big, burly cops and everything." Petite? I like you! And he was super gentle, asking me the whole time if I was okay, constantly telling me how great I was doing. I think I have a crush on him. He was so good at snow jobbing me, he reminded me of my L&D nurses (e.g. "you are the best pusher we have ever seen! or "That is the cutest baby we have ever seen-she doesn't even look like a newborn!" etc etc.)
Anyway, for anyone who may need a root canal, it seriously is not bad. Not painful, in and out in an hour, no big deal. Don't put it off for over 5 years like I did. Only down side: most of my Tall White Chocolate Mocha I got as a consolation prize for myself afterwards is dribbling down my numb chin, and I don't even know it!
Not having anything earth shattering to write about is a little dangerous for me; I could probably write about nothing all day. So I will wrap up in this paragraph filled with things that don't relate: First, this Christmas has to have been the best one EVER since I was at least 8 years old and got a lavendar 10-speed. Kharis made it SO FUN!! I wish I could attach a pic of it, but they are all on JD's camera at work. So I attached old pics from this summer at my parent's lake house. They just bought a boat! So we are SO excited about this summer with that. I just turned 29, which was so fun; I had a great party JD threw for me and he bought us private dance lessons! Which is unbelievable bc he knows how much I love to dance, but he is the WORST dancer I have ever seen, and I know he is DREADING it, but he did it all for me. True Love. In other news, where are all the other preggies? Don't we have at least 2 360 babies due in January?! I want some pics!! Speaking of, isn't Alethia so cute you could just thump her in the one I attached? Okay, peace out!

2 comments:

Hallie Holland said...

Beautiful girls, V! How are you feeling now?

(And yes, you ARE petite!)

nikki said...

My husband bought me dance lesson from my birthday last year! It was the same situation he HATED dancing, we didn't even have dancing at our wedding he had such great distain for it so it was a huge step for him to go through it with me. Would you believe that we're still doing it a year later, are about to move up a level (Bronze 1 to Bronze 2 - woohoo!) AND our instructor has started coreographing a routine for us fo a competion in June - who would have thought. It's a super fun thing tough and TONS of parallels to marraige - lead and follow, that sort of thing...I hope you guys have as much fun as we do!