Friday, October 12, 2007

a 360ish weekend

So last weekend I drove down to Raleigh to play with my good friend Chelse. The weekend had a bit of a rocky start which included two stretches of the drive where I moved less than 4 and less than 1 mile in an hour respectively creating a total travel time of SEVEN hours door to door - particularly awesome for the girl who 1) hates driving 2) hates driving long distances 3) hates driving alone...I was pretty proud of myself though, I only cried once! :) Besides it was a chance to see Chelse my love and she knows my detest of driving and I knew she would appreciate the sacrifice. Of course sweet Chelse read my mind and had multiple glasses wine and chips and cheese dip ready for me upon my arrival. We got up the next day and promptly realizing I had forgotten to bring underwear, headed out to the mall where Chelse manipulated me into buying a VERY cute pair of corduroy pants (which I love). We filled out our day with four zillion hours of really terrible movies on TNT and Discovery Health shows about multiple births (I can't even begin to describe how disgusting the belly of a lady have six babies is, I nearly gagged!), shows that we found so intriguing we couldn't tear ourselves away to get dinner - Papa John's delivery it was! The 360-ish part of the weekend comes the next day when we met up with Andrea at the Summit the next day and we're sitting there right before the sermon and this girl gets up to start reading the passage around which the sermon was based and after probably 30 seconds Chelse leans over to me and says, "Isn't that Veronica?" and while I hadn't recognized her in the slightest before she said anything, at that moment a flood of 360 2 central pictures came back to me (I don't think I've ever actually met Veronica so I thought it was pretty good that I could recognize her from 10 year old pictures!). As if that weren't enough 360 goodness for one day, Chelse, Andrea and I went to Chili's for lunch and right in the middle of our chips, salsa and sweet tea (how I love the south and their sweet tea!) down plops Veronica, JD and company in the booth behind us! Seeing Veronica again was sort of like seeing a celebrity, I knew she totally would have no reason to recognize me but as she exists in the annal of 360 history and lore for me it was like, "Oh there she is again! I've never met her and now I see her twice in one day!". Silly but true. We left Andrea after lunch and wrapped up our weekend with more multiple birth shows (There are so many shows about them that I'm not sure I believe these multiple births are as rare as we are told, I'm pretty sure Discovery Health just makes it up so you are more inclined to watch) and dinner with some boys who love Chelse. I came home on Monday, barely tapped my breaks and was home inside 4 1/2 hours which was great but just made the drive on Friday burn that much more!

3 comments:

veronicagreear said...

So I HAVE to post a comment on this one! I am so relieved to have a chance to do some 'splaining:) Of course everything Niki said is true, but what she doesn't know is that I haven't ever met her or Chelse and I have only seen ONE picture of her (in a wedding dress, on this blog) and so I have NO idea what she looks like (which has always bothered me.) Anyway, I obviously DO know Andrea, as does JD, and HE was the one who saw them at the Chilis (probably bc he was not watching the hellions (Kharis and Allie) like I was) and told me about them. So I turned around and of course only knew that it was Andrea (no one had said to me "It is a table of 360 girls!) and I said hey, but really didn't even do her justice bc I was on the inside of the booth (no hugs), I was with JD's entire extended family (having three conversations at any given moment) and in a restaurant, after church, past naptime, with my two hellions, with exceptionally bad service. Let's just say I was a little distracted/in a bad mood! Anyway, after they left, when it would do me NO good, JD asks me why I didn;t say more to everyone, and I was like, what do you mean, and apparently HE got the memo, bc he was like "They were all from 360!" And I am left totally confused and sad about the missed opportunity! SOOOO...just wanted to say, I was not trying to be indifferent, and I am sorry I missed the chance to actually meet you, and I can't believe you recognized me, especially being knocked up (since every part of me seems to be pregnant this time!) It sounds like a perfect relaxed weekend. I hope you enjoyed it thoroughly!

KDBalls said...

HYSTERICAL. Nikki, can't believe you'd never met Vern. Next time you go to NC, call me and I'll drive down with you.

Vern, tell JD he's my unofficial pastor when I'm traveling. I get his sermons as podcasts and he's preaching all over the world on Sundays.

nikki said...

AH! Veronica I didn't think anything bad at all! I wouldn't have expected you to know me from Adam, let's be honest it took Chelse pointing you out to me for me to recognize you anyway. I just thought it was fun to randomly run into another 360 girl. BTW your babies are adorable!