Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Salmon Sate with Dill Mustard Glaze

I had dinner with Court, Chelse and one of their friends last night and made this salmon recipe. A copy was requested by those in attendence so I thought I'd post it in case anyone else wanted to give it a try. I always make it on the grill but I don't see why you couldn't broil it.

No making fun of my domesticity!
  • 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh dill (I have always used dried dill just use a little less)
  • 2 tablespoons of whole-grain Dijon mustard (I've used regular sandwhich dijon and whole grain, both are good)
  • 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 (1 lb) salmon fillet

1. prepare grill by coating the grates with cooking spray
2. combine dill, mustard, rind, juice, salt, pepper and garlic in a bowl, stirring wit a whisk
3. generously coat the salmon (you can cook it immediately but depending on how much time I have sometimes I'll let it sit and marinate for 15-20 minutes)
4. place salmon on the grill and grill 3-5 minutes/side until fish flakes easily with a fork (If you are using salmon that still has the skin on it you can leave it skin side down for the entire cooking time. When cooked through pick up the fish with a spatula, the skin will probably stick to the grate but the fish should lift off unscathed. You won't have the pretty grill lines on the fish but it is also less likely to fall apart because you're not trying to flip it. To get the skin off the grates you can just leave the grill on with the top down for a few minutes, most of it should burn off and you can use a grill brush or something to get the rest of it off.)

Serves 4

1 comment:

Sportney said...

It truly was delicious! Highly recommend chef Nikki.